Friday, January 05, 2007

Life in Melbourne

Well I've been in melbourne about six months now its time to write something about life here.
One thing people talk about no matter what city or country they are in is the weather. When I came back from Christmas in Canberra the other day I noticed that it's quite a bit hotter at home here than home in canberra. Perhaps this house gets a little hotter but I think mainly Melbourne feels hotter as it is at a lower altitude.

As for getting around Melbourne I like driving because there are so many places to do U-turns! Not like Sydney where you can drive for ages without being able to turn easily. Melbourne has buses and trains too which I occasionally catch, but not too often. I think this town, like most Australian towns, is still not designed well enough for people to rely solely on public transport.

I am yet to explore the beaches much here and still have seen much countryside. I will make that my aim - to explore the natural part of this strange land.

Here's some photos I took a few weeks ago.

Punks in the city

City - slightly editted.


Busy street.

No comments: